Monday, September 27, 2004

My Song

In shallow sleep I heard the voice
Call from deep within
The sound of that ancient lullaby
That had been scattered to the wind.
Lost to me for many years
But for solitary notes
I drank in the sweetness of the tune
As it rushed across my throat.

Chorus:
What joy I have I found my song
Or maybe it found me.
Searching through the dessert sands
For the blessed melody.
What joy I have I found my song
The tune which brings me breath.
Whose harmonies, like washing waves
Cleanse my soul of death

For many years I sought the tune
That now rings in my heart.
I played through many notes and styles
But they were always lacking parts.
Then one day a friend of mine
Broke forth with ancient song
When I heard the words and melody
It called my lost heart home.

Now I sing my song all day
It is like sun in darkest night.
My soul cannot contain the tune
More than the sun contains its light.
I pray you hear the melody, friend
Of the song that I was given.
May you hear your song too
And sing it until heaven.






©2004 Original Records
Lyrics and Music by Matthew Swain

1 comment:

Matthew said...

It will probably be a while. I am hoping to complete it within the next year.