Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring Rain

I wish that the rain could wash away this morning
and dissolve the words that left my mouth
I would love to watch them melt into the sidewalk
and flow into the sewer, never to be seen again.

Spring Rain come
Wash the filth of a cold winter away
Spring Rain come
Cause new life to bud and sprout in me

I wish the wind would blow away this morning
And drag my words to the farthest corners of the earth
I would love to watch the float away into the sky
dissappear behind the clouds, never to be seen again

but there they are
etched in stone
repelling... (to be continued)

1 comment:

matthew said...

Matty,
This song is beautiful! I love it. Do you already have music to it. Let me know if you are having a hard time finishing it.
I read these words and was really touched by there sincerity.
Finish this one.