Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Way

Too many words, what’s the sense in my writing
It’s not gonna come any clearer than this.
I’m just stalling the obvious and living oblivious,
Killing the minutes and hoping for more.

They tell me I’m “new and improved”,
But the old just got easier, patterns and vices
Can cover the rust.
So, I guess I’m on the right road facing north
Toward the border,
I’ve yet to take the first step,
Still gotta shake off the dust.

I just detest all the battling, bribery, and talk,
All my junk that I try to take with me.
It’s my excuse for the traffic behind me for miles.
It buys me some time, but their patience wears thin.

Chorus:
I’m not alone in this I know------------
The old and new will battle on.----
My hope is You, for You I’ll go-------
The old grow weak the new grow strong.

I’m just beginning to see what I’m capable of,
A darkness that rattles my core.
But there’s a light in the distance that brings
Warmth to my chill
And I can only hope to draw closer still.

This cold rain could be the end of me,
Each drop reminds me how I came to this place
But it’s raw it’s real
And it’s soaking me through,
As it washes the layers of dirt off my face

All this darkness, this rain
Just bring greater resolve…
To press on, to press in
Toward the refuge you’ve promised.
Awaiting my arrival, just beyond the next hill
I hear your still small voice
Carried on the wind.

Bridge
How many times will I find myself lost on the way?
Stay near me my LORD and my God, by night and by day.

©2004 Original Records
Lyrics by Matthew Hanlon
Music by Matt Swain

No comments: